3.20.2013

Hanna



*
Hana as a given name may have several origins. It is a variant transliteration of Hannah, which is the Jewish and Christian form, meaning Grace in Hebrew associated with God, as well as an Arabic name meaning happiness (هَنا), a Persian name meaning a type of flower (حَنا), and a Kurdish name.  In Korean, it means the number one (하나). "Hana" in Albanian language means "moon." As a Japanese name it means flower (花, 華).

I though I'd look up my name on the ever-so-reliant Wikipedia that we all know and love. It sparked an interest when Spring arrived and all anyone could talk about was the flowers coming into bloom. I know Hannah Montana may have screwed me over, and that my mother chose my name after many months of believing I was going to be a boy, but I really wouldn't change my name if I had the choice.

All that aside, I want to wish you all a welcoming of Spring!
I know you probably don't even notice it (All y'all lovely Floridians) but here in Japan its a bigger deal than I thought. Enough to make it a Holiday... I even looked it up:

March 20th:
 Spring Equinox Day (shunbun no hi): 
Graves are visited during the week (ohigan) of the Equinox Day. *

xx

No comments: